November 2016 Update for Texas CRS

BLOG FOR NOVEMBER, 2016       

YOUR TEXAS CRS 2016 CHAIR AND 2017 CHAIR JUST RETURNED FROM THE NAR MEETING IN ORLANDO, FL., AND OUR NATIONAL CRS MEETINGS. IT WAS VERY ENLIGHTENING AND IN VISITING WITH OTHER COUNCILS ACROSS THE U. S., WE FOUND THAT THEIR COUNCILS WERE ADAPTING TO THE CHANGES AND RUNNING SMOOTHLY.

WE HEARD SOME GREAT SPEAKERS AND GOT IDEAS FOR THE COMING YEAR. WE ATTENDED THE INSTALLATION OF LEIGH BROWN, WHO WILL BE A TERRIFIC LEADER FOR OUR ORGANIZATION. SHE WAS INSTALLED BY ELIZABETH MENDENHALL, THE FIRST VICE PRESIDENT FOR NAR. ALL THE 2017 STATE LEADERS WERE ACKNOWLEDGED AND INSTALLED.

MONICA NEUBAUER WAS ONE OF THE SPEAKERS. HER PRESENTATION WAS ON AGENT TECHNOLOGY ESSENTIALS, AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER. WE ATTENDED CRS MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT, EDUCATIONAL FORUM, STRATEGIC PLANNING , AND MEMBER UPDATE SESSIONS.

OUR REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT FOR 2017 WILL BE RISE’ JOHNS, AND SHE WILL WORK TO ASSIST US IN KEEPING OUR COUNCIL UPDATED AND RUNNING SMOOTHLY ALONG WITH OUR NEW 2017 CHAIR, GLORIA BYINGTON, AND HER BOARD.

THE IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER ARE DECEMBER 15TH-VOLUNTEER REIMBURSEMENTS DUE THAT ARE RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE REIMBURSABLE; DECEMBER 22ND- STATE VENDOR PAYMENTS DUE-STATES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CONTACTING THEIR VENDORS TO RECEIVE FINAL INVOICES FOR 2016; DECEMBER 31ST-CRS OF THE YEAR NOMINATION-RECIPENT OF THIS AWARD MUST BE A PRACTICING CRS MEMBER AND IT MUST NOT BE A CURRENT STATE LEADER;

2017-DATES

SELLABRATION FEBRUARY 7-9, IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA; MARCH 31ST-ALL DUES PAYMENTS DUE – GRANT APPLICATIONS DUE; JULY-PREPARE NEXT YEAR’S ACTIVITY PLAN DUE; SEPT. 1ST-SELECT NEW STATE LEADERSHIP TEAM & LNG LEADERS; SEPT. 11-15TH-CRS WEEK;

AGAIN, I WOULD LIKE TO RECOGNIZE MY 2016 BOARD AND ALL THEY HAVE DONE: SONNY BARA-TECHNOLOGY; DIANA AYERS-MEMBERSHIP; GLORIA BYINGTON-FINANCE; AND MARY MINER-EDUCATION; YOU ALL HAVE BEEN GREAT TO WORK WITH, ALONG WITH THE LNG’S-MARY LOU CLENDENIN, SUZY SMITH, DIANE CRAIG, MARY MINER.

THANK YOU TO OUR NATIONAL LEADERS WHO HAVE KEPT ME ON THE RIGHT TRACK!! YOU ARE THE GREATEST!

KAY WEBSTER LATHAM, GRI, CRS, CRP, SGMS

Gloria Installation.JPG 

Gloria Byington 2017 Chair

Recent Stories
November 2016 Update for Texas CRS

TAR/CRS Meeting in Galveston, Texas

August Blog